St. Joseph, Ontario
|Township of St. Joseph|
|• Mayor||Joseph (Jody) Wildman|
|• Governing Body||St. Joseph Township Council|
|• MP||Carol Hughes (NDP)|
|• MPP||Michael Mantha (NDP)|
|• Land||129.36 km2 (49.95 sq mi)|
|• Density||9.3/km2 (24/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||705, 249|
The mayor of the township is Jody Wildman.
The township's main population centre is Richards Landing. It also includes the smaller communities of Harmony and Sailors Encampment.
The hamlet of Richards Landing has a view of the Highway 548 bridge at the pier on the northern tip of town. Highway 548 leads through the centre of the town and is its main thoroughfare. "The Landing" is St. Joseph Island's business centre, offering a grocery store, liquor/beer store, gift shops and galleries, restaurants, accommodation, marina/boat re-fuelling, 24-hour Emergency Department/hospital, medical centre, pharmacy and physiotherapy (physical therapy) clinic, bank, parks, public swimming, beach and tennis courts, variety store and movie rentals.
In the 2021 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, St. Joseph had a population of 1,426 living in 612 of its 909 total private dwellings, a change of 15% from its 2016 population of 1,240. With a land area of 127.65 km2 (49.29 sq mi), it had a population density of 11.2/km2 (28.9/sq mi) in 2021.
|Population||1240 (3.2% from 2011)||1201 (6.4% from 2006)|
|Land area||129.12 km2 (49.85 sq mi)||129.36 km2 (49.95 sq mi)|
|Population density||9.6/km2 (25/sq mi)||9.3/km2 (24/sq mi)|
|Median age||50.3 (M: 51.0, F: 49.7)|
|Total private dwellings||853||893|
|Median household income|
- "St. Joseph, Ontario census profile". 2011 Census of Population. Statistics Canada. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "Population and dwelling counts: Canada, provinces and territories, census divisions and census subdivisions (municipalities), Ontario". Statistics Canada. February 9, 2022. Retrieved April 2, 2022.
- "2016 Community Profiles". 2016 Canadian Census. Statistics Canada. August 12, 2021. Retrieved 2017-02-08.
- "2011 Community Profiles". 2011 Canadian Census. Statistics Canada. March 21, 2019. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "2006 Community Profiles". 2006 Canadian Census. Statistics Canada. August 20, 2019.
- "2001 Community Profiles". 2001 Canadian Census. Statistics Canada. July 18, 2021.